Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thursday, Nanchang

Well those aren't the most flattering photos of me I must say. The humidity in Nanchang does not agree with my constitution and I am still pretty tired. (did I mention how hot it was?) I sure look like a new mom of 2. Once we are back in Beijing I'm sure I can pose for a nicer pic for you!

My kids look great though :-D.

Today was a better day. Our guide took our travellers to visit their foster mother so we were free to roam without a schedule. We went to the Chinese walmart which is pretty cool and found some toys to keep little ones busy. The people were nicer there too so that helped. We tried Chinese kfc, also weird but not bad. Owen was pretty impressed with the french fries. The only potty option was the squatty potty, and Rae-Lynn opted to hold it until we got back to the hotel. Can't say as I blame her, I did the same :-D. Taxi drives here are wild, you think you'll die about 50 times but miraculously you arrive alive. No big plans tonight, just continuing working on the jet lag and enjoying getting to know our Owen. Tomorrow, off to the pavillion, looks beautiful from here so we'll have some more pictures to share. bye all...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pics, I was looking forward to them. The trip is half over, and sounds like all is going well. Rachel is looking forward to meeting her "new friend." Keep sending the updates, I pass them along to Mom.

    ReplyDelete