Tuesday, November 3, 2009

3 more sleeps! and a big mess!


Believe it or not, I do have a packing system (note the notepad and pen in the bottom right). I'm just a bit messier getting there than most people.
Our cats are getting very nervous now that the suitcases are out. They know something is up! Ha, just wait until they meet Owen.
Can't believe we're down to the wire! It has been a tense week for us. Rae-Lynn was sick with a cough flu thing (H1N1? we'll never know) and we were very worried that she would not be able to fly to China. Thankfully she's feeling better and will be on that plane. Now if we can all keep healthy for the next 48 hours, all will be good.
Another snag, we are missing a rather important document called "the notice of coming". Can't complete our adoption without it. Apparently it was couriered to our agency in Ottawa from China yesterday, so it probably will arrive after we are gone. And then, will need to be couriered TO China to catch up with us. The efficiency there is a mystery but as long as it arrives I'm not asking anymore questions.
Things are humming along otherwise. I am almost (almost!) finished turning in my school work. Next step is cleaning the house and packing. Oh yes, and the 2 midterms that I have to write before we leave.
We are all getting excited, and nervous! We are looking forward to meeting Owen and also petrified. Me in particular. I am so used to girls, how on earth will we know what he likes to do? LOL And according to Rae-Lynn, I am in charge of the 'poop'. Oh my, its been a few years since I changed a diaper. Hopefully it will all be like riding a bike!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete